I absolutely love Mackerel , and I think people don’t eat enough of it , as soon I found this recipe I`ve made it and I assure you its delicious , I normally eat it for my lunch but it can be served as a starter or light supper , and this is what you need :
- 2 pears, cored and sliced into thin wedges
- 85g watercress
- 150g Juniper and Black Pepper, Beetroot quartered
- 2 x 160g piri piri smoked mackerel, skinned and flaked
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented
- 150g of green lentils
- 20g of butter
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp. creamed horseradish
- 1 orange, juice only
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the lentils. Cook for 20-25 minutes until tender. Drain well and refresh under cold running water.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a non-stick frying pan and fry the pear slices on each side until golden.
- Toss the cooked lentils with the watercress, cooked pears, beetroot, mackerel and orange segments. Pile on to a serving platter.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing and drizzle it over the salad before serving.